First, thanks a lot to Rory Alexander for the award! It’s great to know there are people out there reading and enjoying my blog. I definitely feel encouraged to write more here, but have been playing catch up from my September road trip. Once I get through a few more of those posts, I have some more exciting and interesting plans for le blog including reviews, recipes, and tutorials!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post.
Here are my 15 nominations in no particular order:
- Ben in Toulouse
- The Technicolor Yarn
- Everywhere Once
- An Epic Change
- Come On Ilene
- Spoon and Shutter
- Don’t Sew Angry
- Mitten Mouth Music
- The Smart Kitchen
- Nikki Travels
- Twenty-Something Travel
- Cabbie Notes
- Katie Going Global
Here are 7 things about me that you probably don’t know:
- I keep a mental list of things I want to do before I die. Most of them involve some vague sort of trek through a country I haven’t visited. Here are a few examples: go on a two-week horseback trek across Argentina, ride the Siberian Railroad from one side of Russia to the other, participate in a caravan across Egypt, sail from Halifax to Quebec City to Montreal to the Great Lakes.
- I still have a baby tooth in my mouth. The dentist decided not to pull it because there wasn’t a molar growing in underneath.
- I’m really into anime and always have been, but I never let myself explore the genre until recently. It still feels like a guilty pleasure. In fact, I love most things from Japan: sushi, their architecture and style of decor, cherry blossom trees, martial arts. I think the next language I want to learn (besides Spanish) is Japanese. Oh yeah, did I mention I’m really excited about the live action Neon Genesis Evangelion film that is supposed to be happening sometime in the next decade?
- I have a high tolerance for general physical pain, but can’t stand headaches. Even the slightest headache will make me nauseous from the pain. I’ve found that the best way to get rid of them (for me, anyway) is to avoid caffeine, sugar, and spending too much time sedentary.
- In my next life, I’d like to be a motocross racer. Or a secret agent who knows Jiujitsu.
- I have a passion for freshwater aquariums. My favorite fish I’ve ever had were two Angelfish, a silver one named Guillaume and a golden one named Natasha. I bought the two of them when they were very small and they became inseparable. I used to trail my finger along the glass, and they’d follow it. I would spend hours just watching them in their tank. When Natasha died a few years ago, Guillaume just stopped living and died a few days later. I never knew fish could be so like humans.
- Growing up, I resented the fact that my family always had Mackintosh computers because there weren’t many good video games made for them.