Okay, so you may or may not know that I have been living in Montreal for a little under a year now. During my time here, I have gotten to experience a number of things: I have been ice-skating at Parc la Fontaine, I have been to the Biodome, the Insectarium, Parc Mont Royal (a number of times), several art shows, fashion shows, indie shows, electronic shows, bars, pubs, clubs, I’ve checked out the famous places – Schwartz’s, Fairmount Bagels, La Banquise, PatitiPatata, I’ve been rock climbing, biking, jogging, yoga-ing, participated in fashion shows, photoshoots, promo events, I’ve been a dog-walker, a painter, a carni, done reno work, tried to start my own business, helped other people start their own businesses, taken drawing lessons, sewing lessons, guitar lessons (well, starting this week anyway), I’ve marketed my product (jewelry), I’ve marketed other people’s products, and I’ve done just about everything in between. BUT I still have not done and seen everything I’d like to do and see in Montreal.
SO, having been inspired by this post by Kate Going Global, a fellow travel blogger, I’ve decided to write a Montreal Bucket List – basically just a list of things I’d like to do and places I’d like to see in Montreal that I haven’t already done or seen.
So, here goes:
1) Hike the trails in Parc Mont Royal
2) Use my “flying trapeze” class groupon
3) Go to the Botanical Gardens
4) Visit Notre Dame Cathedrale
5) Go to Piknic Electronik
6) Go to La Ronde Amusement Park
7) See the Jean-Paul Gaultier exhibit
8) Visit St. Joseph’s Oratory
9) See a concert in the Bell Centre
10) Visit Mont Royal & Notre-dame-des-neiges cemeteries
11) See Cirque du Soleil
12) Spend a day photographing the city
13) Go to the McCord History Museum
14) Check out the Maisonneuve Market
15) Eat at Dagwood’s Subs
Any other suggestions? Leave ’em in the comments!